Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Cod with Mustard Sauce

Here is a recipe that is simple, takes only a few minutes to make, and is worthy of serving to your favorite company.  Cod with Mustard Sauce would be best with fish that just came out of the ocean, but mine was made with frozen Cod that just came out of the Costco, and it was still wonderful. You don't need anything fancy with it.  I had some green beans, leftover coleslaw, some fresh mango, and a little glass of Jacob's Creek Riesling (also from Costco).  This was so simple that I did not imagine how good it was going to be, and I ate it all before blog pictures could happen.  

Speaking of Costco, I think I have said it before, but I will repeat that I highly recommend it for the quality of its meats, cheeses, and seafood.  In particular, they carry frozen fish that contains nothing but fish.  Flash frozen in individually wrapped pieces, and no preservatives or other chemicals.  Good wines cheap, too - I rarely buy wine anywhere else.

The recipe comes from The Fannie Farmer Cookbook, one of the very best general cookbooks - great for everyone from beginning cooks to the most advanced. Great present for newlyweds, but if you don't have it on your bookshelf you should buy it for yourself.

No comments: