Sunday, June 6, 2010

Coming Soon

This has been one of those busy weekends where it doesn't seem like much got done. We spent quite a bit of time doing exciting stuff like editing pictures and reorganizing contact lists, doing a Costco run (not a small thing since we have to drive 70 miles for that) and shopping for a new phone for Kathy (Droid!)  And I guess I did get a little bit done with Jim's Place for Food and Booze.  We got to experiment with Pomegranate Cosmopolitans (not our favorite, as I reported on Friday) and ate at a favorite area restaurant (The Grotto Grill in Bandara - see my Facebook post).  


But all that is just a bunch of excuses why I haven't told you yet about cracking open the cocktail cherries I wrote about a couple of weeks ago (awesome!), or about the Brazilian Coconut Shrimp Kebabs on the grill that I made today (one of the best ever grilled shrimp recipes!).  They will both be great additions to your summer grilling repertoire, so I'll get the recipes written up as soon as possible.


Side note:  If you like seafood, but are not near the sea, or BP has destroyed your normal supply, check out Costco.  Their frozen seafood section has all kinds of fish, scallops, and shrimp that are packaged without any of those nasty chemical additives like sodium tripolyphosphate that are found in much of what you often get at the grocery store.